Do you want to revitalize your smile but are worried about breaking the bank to do so?
Dr. Ramyar Elyassian, your Orange, CA, dentist, is an expert in installing implant dentures, an affordable solution for patients who have lost all their teeth.
What Are Implant Dentures?
Implant tenures, also called mini dental implants, are sequences of titanium posts implanted into teeth sockets to replace missing tooth roots.
What Are Some Advantages and Benefits of Implant Dentures?
- Implant-supported dentures preserve facial bone
- They can give you a complete smile
- You don't have to deal with the uncomfortable movement of regular dentures
- Implants stabilize dentures, ensuring they don't move while you speak, eat, or chew
- They don't slip and cause discomfort
- They create a normal bite so can you eat without restriction
- You don't have to worry about ill-fitting dentures or denture adhesives
What Does the Procedure Consist Of?
- Metal posts are surgically implanted in a series into your jaw.
- Osseointegration will occur over three to six months (this is a process where bone and tissue surrounding the implants will fuse to posts). This action creates a sturdy and unmoving foundation from which to hold your dentures.
- Patient are fitted with temporary teeth.
- After six months, your doctor will attach abutments to the implants that'll be attached to artificial teeth.
- The full dentures are attached to the abutments.
After the procedure is over, patients will be able to resume normal daily activities, such as eating, chewing and speaking. You'll also have the added benefit of a great smile and stable dentures that don't slip, as mentioned above.
Need a Consultation?
The process of getting implant dentures may be long, but it is worth the time, money, and comfort. If you have any more questions about implant dentures, call Dental Implant and Laser Surgical Specialists' Orange, CA, office at (714) 730-3746.